Educator - Personal Coach - Mentor - Trainer - Entrepreneur – Thought Leader – Dynamic Public Speaker and Communicator
Ross is known as the “turnaround guy”. Many times a week clients bring their problems and issues to Ross and most often using his simple farmer logic is able to help people turn problems into opportunities.
One of the most common testimonials is that Ross compresses time frames. He has analyzed, organized, tested and proven out best practices that create superior results faster. With a massive arsenal of best business practices and tools accumulated over 20+ years of study, practical application, and working with top clients, he is able to deliver the right tools, systems, and ideas that may have taken clients days or weeks to produce on their own. Ross continually and daily invests in himself and his education so he can continue to be that “resource” that client’s turn to when they want to succeed and get superior results faster. Ross wants to be “the guy” before his clients actually need “the guy”.
Clients from all over Canada and USA, either travel to the Rich With Ro$$ Studio or Ross will go to the client. Ross and his team transform the way people think, clarify their visions, get them focused on high leverage activities, and build strategies and plans to execute – fast. Ross has earned a reputation as the Premier Real Estate Coach who inspires, encourages, and facilitates the client’s success.
Ross has a diverse background. He was raised on a farm in southern Alberta. Was the first cabinet maker apprentice in Alberta. Started and successfully runs many businesses including construction and real estate to name just two. Was the general manager and director of Whitney Canada / Rich Dad Poor Dad Canada organization for several years. And today coaches and trains under the Rich With Ro$$ brand.
Ross is an active investor and businessman and walks his talk. He believes in the “farmer” methodology of “sowing – growing – and harvesting”. Ross is married for 25 years and has a grown married daughter, two sons and a grandson. His business and life motto is “Be the Servant You Were Born to Be”.
Ross Lightle Declarations
When I committed to helping clients reach their potential several years ago, I established declarations that I still abide by today:
- INFORMATION – I am here to teach you the skills and provide you with the tools and information you need to become successful, NOT to raise money out of the room. You can trust what I tell you as being the best information I have and that I have no ulterior motive or agenda.
- TEACH – I will teach 100% of all our programs except those where I am not qualified, or that you would be better served by others, such as Accounting / Tax Planning, Risk Management, and Marketing/Social Media Trainings. My handpicked power team of Accountants, Lawyers and Marketing experts will train you but I will be there also. I understand this is a lack of leverage on my part. I know it will keep me small in the avocational learning arena. My response is, “I teach because I like to teach, not to grow a massive seminar business. I have been there done that and didn’t like the necessary underlying morality driving the business.” I know critical skills and tools that every investor / business person needs to know. What I teach is based on my experience. When I work with you – what you see is what you get – nothing is held back. If I don’t know something I will tell you. I will use my vast network of connections to put you with the right people so your success is not held back by my lack in a particular area.
- EXPERIENCE – My jobs is to take 40 years of real business, construction, contracting, and investing experience and convert it into real workable knowledge and tools that you can specifically apply to your world. All of us have attended seminars which sounded great in the pitch or at the moment, but when we got home, the question was: How do I actually put this to use to change my business or my life? My commitment is to teach you the critical skills I have learned, the hard way, in such a way that you can walk out of my coaching or training and begin using them immediately.
- GROWTH – I will never stop growing, learning and refining my skills and arsenal of tools. If I don’t continually work on me I will have no value to give you. Your value starts with me. I read every day – the same time every day. I keep up on current events and politics that affect our business world and decisions we make. I attend learning platforms, events, coaching, and research new businesses and ideas. I own and run businesses and I’m an active investor. I continually grow in my personal, professional, and spiritual life. What and how I used to coach people is different today than it was 15 years ago. Techniques change – principals remain the same. I am committed to growth and serving. My motto is “be the servant you were born to be”. I work at being the best servant I can – daily.
- COACHABLE – Being coachable is a critical part of anyone’s success. I teach what I have done and what I know works. I believe you can only take a person as far as you have already gone. I work with my coach Tony Jeary. Tony constantly challenges and pushes me to new levels. I am the Canadian representative of his model of Strategic Acceleration – Clarity / Focus / Execution. Working with the Strategic Acceleration model, the bottom line is You getting Results You Want Faster. I teach you what I have been taught and put into practice so you achieve Results in compressed time frames.
- MASTERY – I will strive for Mastery so I can take you from Good, to Great, to Mastery levels as my coach Tony does with me. I am persistently and consistently practicing to improve. I believe in failing forward fast. Anyone who has heard me speak or knows me through the nearly 20,000 hrs of coaching and training, will know that this farmer is nothing special. I have simply consistently and persistently dedicated my life to daily improvement so I can serve you to the best of my ability as I also strive for mastery.
- CONNECTED – I will stay connected to our clients and support them. I am committed to making a difference in people’s lives, and the best way to do this is to be available. I am very accessible and love helping our clients grow, succeed and get results in compressed time frames.
- INSPIRE – I don’t want to motivate you – that is temporary. I want to inspire you. I believe you can learn the best techniques and have access to the best tools in the world, but if you’re not inspired to use them, it’s a waste of money and time. Excuses, lack of belief, and/or fear is what keeps us paralyzed to a point that you will never reach your full potential. Success = Why x (How + Effort). The most important of these three is of course your “why”. When the dream is big enough the facts don’t count. You can learn the skills and techniques to be successful, but you must be inspired to use what you’ve learned. You must find a reason bigger than you – and that reason is never the money. Your reason to succeed must be greater than your reason or the “pain” to remain where you are.
- INTEGRITY – I will not compromise my integrity for growth. One of the problems with the seminar world is the never ending need to sell the next event. The seminar business is a deferred income model and this model of business never survives long term. I will not tell people what they want to hear, just to fill an event.
Being successful at anything, including business and investing, requires skills, practice, and work. It doesn’t happen over-night. You can’t rely on your instincts or your emotions. There are no magic pills or little formulas. Creating and keeping wealth is rare … if it weren’t, we wouldn’t study and patronize the people who do it.
What I teach is not for everyone, nor do I want it to be. Some people are bound and determined to look for the get rich quick “scheme”. Some people simply do not want to make the sacrifices necessary. Some people are interested in only making money, and have not considered and documented the reason why they are making money. Some people live in denial and consider that trading time for money is the answer. Additionally, most people have not discovered and aligned their personal and professional values – a prerequisite for long term success.
If you do not want to grow and change, what I teach is not for you, but you will find no shortage of “gurus” who will offer the hope you’re looking for with wild promises of success. They may even suggest you invest with them – caution! If you are looking for that person and organization who can take you to the next level of success then I look forward to working with you. I am confident that we can dramatically impact your life in a very positive way.
The Role of the Coach
The Role of the Coach is not complicated from a high level point of view.
The Role of the Coach is not complicated from a high level point of view. They simply encourage, enrich people’s lives, and pass on some of their experience and wisdom.
A good coach will help you define your Vision. Vision answers the questions;
- What will the future look like as we fulfill our mission?
- Where do we want to be?
- What do we want to become?
- It communicates both the purpose and values of your business.
Your Mission statement is about today and the immediate future. Your Mission answers the questions;
- Why do we exist?
- How will we get to where you want to be?
- It defines the purpose and primary objectives related to your customer needs and team values?
Then through the process of gaining Clarity (knowing the why, purpose and values of the Vision / Mission), Focus (learn to Focus on the High leverage Activities that produce the greatest results) and Execution (defining the strategies and activities to complete the High Leverage Activities) your coach will guide you to achieve your specific vision(s) and mission(s).
Your coach wants to get to know you, to find out what motivates you, and to build a relationship of trust. A good coach should help you define your in-born gifts and acquired talents. The coach should guide you to use these gifts and talents in pursuit of your defined goals. You must feel comfortable sharing problems and asking questions. An experienced coach knows that just being a good listener is often the best plan of action. Most times the answer to the question lies inside the person being coached. They simply needed the venue to talk through the issue to come to the answer.
Coaching is similar to consulting. However, consulting provides temporary or intermittent solutions. Coaching is a consistent, ongoing relationship where the coach stays with you to help implement new skills, changes and goals. Another distinction is that consulting often involves dispensing advice, telling people what they should do. Coaching is different in that it focuses on assisting you to discover and implement the solution.
Ask anyone who knows Ross or has participated in one of his coaching sessions or attended any of his numerous classes or events, and they will vouch for the deep love and respect he has for people, and what it means personally to see them grow. Ross says “I think I often get too much credit for the growth individuals and couples make in their lives. It is my job to create the atmosphere and provide strategies and tools but they most often come up with the answers and do the work.”
You don’t want to spend your life as if this is just a practice run. Or worse, convince yourself that life is “OK” and ignore that little voice inside that keeps saying “there’s got to be more to life than this”. Some people have no idea what they really want and what will truly make them happy. Others are held back by fears of success or failure. Others just have mental blocks called blind spots. They play mind games and have thoughts like;
- I don’t have enough time
- I don’t deserve it
- I’d never be able to achieve ______
- I don’t have the ability
- I don’t know how
- You have to have money to make money
- My ____________ wouldn’t approve
- I have too many responsibilities
- And the list goes on and on…
All these thoughts are nothing more than excuses. Oh don’t worry, many people have used these excuses – we all have at some point. Whenever we use these excuses we put a “governor on our throttle”.
Regardless of the level you are at today, Ross wants you to be more successful. He truly believes he can help you reach whatever goal(s) you set just as he has helped thousands of people before. When the time comes he will introduce you to other coaches, like his personal coach Tony Jeary. That is the Role of the Coach – to help you succeed, help you reach your goals, manifest your mission, and realize your vision.
Quote by James Doerksen – “If at first you don’t succeed do what your coach told you to do in the first place.”
Top 20 Reasons You Need A Coach
- Take your passion and turn it into a Vision for your life
- Get perfect Clarity about the said Vision – an unfettered view of your vision is achieved when you understand the why, purpose and value of your vision
- Become laser Focused – define and record the high leverage activities and what the objectives of the high leverage activities are that will move the results needle the fastest
- Execute the high leverage activities – articulate and document what the strategies and action steps are to complete the high leverage activities
- Change and or refine your abilities to deal with life’s challenges
- Provide you with valuable feedback or make suggestions that will enable you to improve your skills ultimately leading to your improved performance.
- Overcome your excuses
- Compress your results time – because of the coaches past failures and experiences
- The coaches contacts – your network = your net worth
- Business and life skills – learn best practices from someone who has been there
- Lift you up and make you more successful
- Teach you how to properly analyze deals
- Review any projects or deals that you already have – look for ways to improve
- Evaluate what is working and what is not working and adjust as necessary
- Clarify the goals and objectives for you and your business as you progress
- Higher learning or understanding of current business strategies
- Evaluate and discover ways to improve on the four primary business practices of Structure, Strategy, Culture and Execution and the four secondary business practices of Innovation, Talent, Leadership and Mergers/Acquisitions
- Create corporate governance and values
- Assess your corporate structuring for maximum risk management
- Weigh your work/life balance so we truly develop and design the life you really want