Trainer: Ross Lightle
Days: 4-2day WE (8 total)
“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” ~ Jim Rohn The lesson of that statement/quote by Jim Rohn must be that we choose those five people very carefully. “Personal development coach Anthony Robbins says on his “Unleash the Power Within” CD: “most people’s lives are a direct reflection of the expectations of their peer group”. Read that sentence again and again until it really sinks in. Think about it and make sure you understand what it really means. What Robbins suggests is that you make sure that in every area of your life, personal and professional, there is a core group of people with higher standards and expectations than your own. They will lift you up, inspire you, stimulate you, challenge you, support you and ensure you will reach your goals.
Does this sound strange to you? Think about this: if you are a golfer and you want to improve, who do you think you should play with: golfers that shoot a better or worse game than you? From whom would you learn and be inspired from the most? Who would challenge you and may even give you some friendly instructional tips during the game?
Generally speaking the rich tend to lift others up (that’s how they became rich) while the poor tend to unconsciously pull others down. Sometimes they pull you down and even criticize you for going after your dreams and goals or for thinking differently or outside of the box. You want to spend time with people who inspire and encourage you to reach the next level. These are the people you want in your corner. People who support your dreams, raise your standards, encourage you and believe in you. The good news is you get to choose what type of people you “hang” with. We are not suggesting that you have to completely cut the negative naysayers out of your life but, you have heard the expression “it’s hard to fly with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys!”
This is the essence of the Rich With Ross Mastermind (RWRM). A successful mastermind is one that operates in complete harmony and cooperation for the success of each individual member, as well as for the success of the mastermind group. With the right mastermind group, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish in your business and personal life.
Napoleon Hill described in his famous book “Think and Grow Rich” a mastermind as “A friendly alliance with one or more persons who will encourage one to follow through with both plan and purpose.” He continued and said a mastermind is “The coordination of knowledge and effort of two or more people, who work toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony.” He continues… “No two minds ever come together without thereby creating a third, invisible intangible force, which may be likened to a third mind.”
When a group of people come together in harmony to achieve a definite purpose, the increased mental competence and capacity for intelligence created through this coordination becomes greater than the collective sum of the intelligence of the individual minds. This intelligence can be tapped into by any member of the group. This is the “intangible force” and the “third mind” that Napoleon Hill spoke of in his book Think and Grow Rich.
Have you ever been part of a project that has been so well thought out that the team members are having fun and anything the group does seems effortless? That’s known as being in the “flow” – swimming with the current and not against it. And when you and the group are in the “flow” ideas seem to come out of nowhere. It feels like God has his hand on the project and is directing it. Just the act of being around such surroundings will totally change you, your business and that of everyone around you. Your energy, your inspiration, your creativity all reaches new and exciting levels. By participating in the FLM, you instantly become way smarter and productive than you could ever be alone.
Fact: – No one has ever achieved greatness on their own. Don’t try and be the first!
In the FLM we ensure that there is synergy of energy, commitment, and excitement that all participants bring to the FLM. The brilliance of the FLM is that participants raise each other up by challenging each other to create and implement goals, brainstorm ideas, and support each other with total honesty, respect and compassion. FLM participants believe all ships rise in the same tide and are committed to helping each other to that end. Mastermind participants act as catalysts for growth, devil’s advocates and supportive colleagues.
Although each FLM has a general focus, ultimately the agenda belongs to the group, and therefore each person’s participation is critical. During the FLM (and even between meetings on our six week conference call) participants are expected to give each other feedback, help brainstorm new possibilities, and set up accountability structures that keep the participants focused and on track. Participation in a FLM means that you have a group of supportive colleagues that help you gain tremendous insights, which can improve your business and personal life. Participating in the FLM is like having an objective informal board of directors. Part of that process is the brainstorming that happens when one member presents a problem, challenge or decision, and the entire group gets involved with the discussion. We encourage ALL members to both ask for help and give help. Finding members who will participate in a full and balanced way goes a long way towards making a successful group.
What Benefits Will You Receive From Participation in a Famer Logic Mastermind?
- Answers and ideas, which come from brainstorming with the group. At each quarterly meeting each member is given the opportunity to “ask”. An “ask” could be for help in either their personal or professional lives, advice on a particular subject matter – anything that will help the participant reach the next level. Hearing different views from fellow FLM members allows you to see issues you may not otherwise be aware of. Whether you agree with their assessment or not, it always gives you a better understanding of how you can improve your approach to a particular problem or issue. Ask ask ask and you will receive more than you ever expected.
- Tap into the collective experience, resources and skills of others. Everyone in the FLM has a different skillset and access to a different network of people.
- Help you make the right decisions and ensure you are taking the right actions to achieve your goals so you can move ahead with confidence.
- Accountability to the FLM group to take action and/or give the help to a fellow participant. Your fellow FLM group Participants will hold you accountable to goals you set. Knowing that you have a regularly scheduled meeting drives you internally to make progress on your individual projects.
- A valuable support network that you’ll be able to lean on for support. Many times when your progress has slowed on a specific goal or project, the FLM group will be the only people who really understand what is going on behind the scenes, and will support you in spite of efforts that may have fallen short of expectations.
- A sense of shared endeavor and a comfort that there are others out there to lean on!
- A “bigger picture” view since your world will be seen through the eyes of many. This often helps you uncover “blind spots” that can be hampering or altogether stunting your intended growth.
- Become the person you were designed and destined to be and not what society may have told you should be.